Short-Term Study Visa

Short-Term Study Visa

You can apply for a Short-term study visa if you are doing a short course of study in the UK and you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. You must prove that you have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study, you have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house and that you can pay for your return or onward journey. If you are under 18, you must also have planned for your travel and stay in the UK and have permission from your parent or guardian to study in the UK. You can study on a short course in the UK, such as an English language course or a training course, you can do a short period of research as part of a degree course if you are studying abroad but you cannot study at a state school, work (including on a work placement or work experience) or carry out any business, extend this visa, bring family members, that is, defendants with you, you cannot get public funds.

If your visa application is successful, you can stay for 6 months for any short course (including English language courses), or short period of research but if you are 18 or over and taking an English language course, you can stay for 11 months if you’re 18 or over.

You can speak with our Immigration and Asylum Practitioner to carry out a comprehensive assessment of your circumstances and advice you on how to make a successful application under this category.

Related Projects

admin - author

Comments are closed

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.