Private Household Visa

Private Household Visa

You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer if you are a domestic worker in a private household, have worked for your employer for at least one year and you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. Domestic workers include Cleaners, Chauffeurs, Cooks and those providing Personal Care for the Employer and their family Nannies.

in order to make a successful application in this category, you must prove that you are between 18 and 65 years old, have worked for your employer for at least 1 year, you have worked in the same household as your employer or one they use regularly, plan to travel to the UK with your employer, their partner or children and you intend to work as a full-time domestic worker in a UK household your employer will live in and must plan to leave the UK at the end of 6 months or at the same time as your employer, whichever is sooner. You must demonstrate that you can support yourself in the UK without the need for public funds.

Your employer must be either a British or European Economic Area (EEA) national who usually lives outside the UK and who doesn’t intend to remain in the UK for more than six months or foreign national who is coming to the UK on a visit and who doesn’t intend to remain for more than 6 months. Your employer must also pay you at least the national minimum wage.

You can speak with our Immigration and Asylum Practitioner to carry out a comprehensive assessment of your circumstances and advice you on how to make a successful application under this category.

Related Projects

admin - author

Comments are closed

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.